Adventures & Thoughts #2: Hiking at Whistlepipe Gully | acupofjessicatedcoconut

07:35

























The other day I went on a hike with Joanna, Vinnie and Bodhi over in Kalamunda at Whistlepipe Gully. I hadn't been on a hike in quite some time as the last time I went was probably during the middle of the year with some friends and it wasn't a very difficult hike (and we just sat down and ate lemon curd and bread for the most part). In between the moments where I had to reaaaallly try to not slip and fall down rocks and hills, I took some photos to remember this wonderful day and I thought I'd share it on here.

Since coming home from leavers - life has gotten very hectic in a a very small time frame. But in saying that, it's quite a nice kind of chaos. A few days after I got home from leavers, I got a job interview for a clothing store and I got the job, which was a huge relief because I hadn't had a job interview in years and the thought of it made me feel terribly nervous because all that was running through my mind was EVERYTHING THAT COULD'VE GONE WRONG. But I love my job and I love working in the city and I love being able to work in an environment that is so positive and inviting. So yeah, besides the whole 'jess finally gets a job after 2 years of not working' thing, I graduated formally from school!! Well, I don't know if walking into school a week after the graduation ceremony in dirty overalls and a big best coast t shirt to collect your certificate from the front office counts as an official formal graduation but since I chose not to attend the graduation night, it was as formal as it got for me. Choosing to miss out on graduation was a weird decision, I never thought that I wouldn't attend such a momentous occasion in my life, but at the same time I am really glad I chose to do something for myself. I don't think I'd be able to cope with one more night dealing with the people who had made the last year so painfully dull and who went out of their way to make me feel rather worthless, and besides, I had gotten used to life without such people and it was a really nice feeling. To go back to such place seemed like a step backwards, and I didn't really want that. But walking out of school for the last time felt very surreal, at this stage there is not one part of my identity left in that school. Except maybe some traces of blu tack in my old locker which once held my photos of my dog strong and proud. 

ATAR results also came out a week ago and it was QUITE THE DAY. The results were scheduled to come out on midnight on the 29th of December, so i thought it was safe to go about my day as per usual and prepare myself for the night ahead. I was with my best pals Lachlan and Darcy at a park somewhere just sitting on the playground at like 4pm when the results came out. Long story short, I cried a lot but it turned out fine in the end. I got above the required ATAR for the course that I want to do which hopefully means all goes well on the 20th when first round offers come out. Also, it's a freaking fantastic feeling not having to worry about ATAR ever again because THAT GOD DAMN NUMBER was the root of so much stress over the last few years. 

BESIDES ALL THAT, everything has been quite ordinary, and ordinary is quite comforting now. My days consist of me going to work, coming home and watching Call the Midwife religiously because I live the life of a middle aged woman. So yeah me getting out of the house for a hike was a bit out of the ordinary, but it was such a wonderful day and next time I go for a hike remind me to bring some bandaids and a first aid kit because frankly, it was quite a miracle that I finished this one unscathed. 

(i wrote most of this post before the new year and edited it a little bit today on the 6th, but a whole post on the new year will be up in the near future)

xxx
Jess 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe